San Diego Boating Accident Lawyer
Boating offers exciting opportunities to immerse yourself in California’s breathtaking scenery. However, as with any outdoor activity, there is always a possibility of encountering hazards and sustaining injuries. In 2021, California’s Division of Boating and Waterways reported 593 boating accidents, resulting in 256 injuries and 44 fatalities.
Injuries on our waterways, bays, lakes, and oceans unfortunately often result in devastating injuries. These include boat accidents, jet ski accidents, wake boarding accidents, and others.
When another person’s negligence result in a severe boating accident, those injured have the right to hold them accountable and recover compensation for their losses. With over 20 years of experience protecting clients throughout California, Attorney Pajman Jassim and Attorney Parisima Jassim of Jassim Law understand what it takes to recover the justice you deserve. By utilizing our extensive community connections and resources, we have recovered millions in damages for our clients and gone up against powerful entities. Contact our San Diego boating accident lawyers for legal representation.
Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries in a Boating Accident?
Boating accidents have layers of complex information and details, requiring a thorough investigation into the case to prove how the accident occurred and who is at fault. When filing a boating injury claim, your San Diego boat accident attorney will not only need to identify who is liable but also how their actions were negligent and caused your damages.
In most boating accidents, the vehicle’s operator, the captain, is responsible for your safety and well-being. The captain is in charge of directing the boat, which means they owe you a duty of care, and if you suffer injuries due to their negligence, they fail to uphold their commitment. Other parties who may hold partial liability include designers, manufacturers, and distributors.
Essential California Boating Laws: Know Your Rights
Anyone on or operating a boat must be aware of California regulations. If the person who caused your accident was not following the law, you may be able to hold them liable in civil and criminal court. California law states an individual must be 16 or older and possess a valid California Boater Card to legally operate a vessel powered by a motor of 15 hp or more, including personal watercraft (PWCs). There are a few exceptions, including the following:
- An individual may operate a boat if they are 12 to 15 years of age and are supervised by a person at least 18 years of age, and possess a California Boater Card.
- The vehicle is a sailboat, which has no age restriction for operation for boats under 30 ft. long (with wind as the main source of propulsion).
- The vehicle is a dinghy used between a moored vessel and shore or between two moored vessels.
Most individuals won’t automatically believe someone is breaking the law when in an accident, but your San Diego boat accident lawyer will have experience and knowledge about how to discover whether the individual has a valid license or was operating the vehicle illegally. After suffering the negligent party’s unlawful behavior, speak with Jassim Law about the next steps.
Why Partner With a San Diego Boating Accident Attorney?
Unlike car crashes, boating accidents have an added layer of danger being in the water. Evidence may be more challenging to collect and require extensive knowledge of legal strategies. Unlike typical traffic accidents, there are different rules involved, and liability is not often black and white. Our boating accident lawyers in San Diego have years of experience going up against powerful entities and individuals, ensuring our clients have a fair and just legal process.
When you choose our firm, you gain the support of a team who will amplify your voice and uphold your rights. Consider a few examples of the wide range of legal services we offer our clients:
- Answering your case-related legal questions
- Investigating the scene and preserving evidence
- Advocating for your interests inside and outside of court
- Keeping you updated on the status of your boating accident case
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Negotiating with all parties on your behalf
- Ensuring you receive the best medical care, no matter what health insurance coverage you may or may not have
- Hiring the best experts for your case
- Thoroughly investigating every detail of your case IMMEDIATELY
- Determining if the negligent party was working at the time of the accident
- Going to the scene and reconstructing how the accident occurred
- Collecting and preserving vital evidence and witness statements
- Securing any evidence, surveillance video, photos, and witness statements
- Determining whether additional parties or entities are at fault
- Supporting you through every step of California’s claims process
Going up against an insurance company or corporate entity require a San Diego boat accident attorney with experience, skills, resources, and grit. We understand what it takes to recover fair and just compensation for clients. With our extensive connections and client-tailored approach, we have collected millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. More importantly, our work has helped to make our communities safer. Speak with our team today about how we can protect you throughout your claim process.
Speak With Our San Diego Boat Accident Lawyers
A boating accident can turn your entire life upside down. Jassim Law understands your challenges and is committed to offering highly-qualified legal services and representation tailored to your needs. Our San Diego boating accident lawyers have the resources and connections to employ expert witnesses ready to provide a testimonial on your behalf. With over 20 years of experience and a proven track record of success, you can feel confident in our representation.
Schedule a free consultation with a San Diego personal injury attorney today to discuss your case and explore your options. We offer video, Zoom, or telephone consultations, so you don’t need to worry about travel. Call (619) 554-0624 or complete our contact form today.