Whether you are walking in Santee for leisure or simply as a way to get to your destination, getting struck by a vehicle is never something you can anticipate. Unfortunately, many accidents are caused by motorists who fail to follow traffic laws or exercise caution around pedestrians.
In fact, pedestrian accidents and fatalities have skyrocketed in recent years, due to the increase in inattentive drivers, urban and city planning that fails to adequately account for pedestrian safety, and vehicles, trucks, and SUVs that are ever-increasing in size. The result is an unsafe landscape for pedestrians, and devastating consequences after an accident.
If you suffered injuries from a pedestrian accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may have legal recourse available. With a Santee pedestrian accident lawyer by your side, you can pursue justice and compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and other damages.
The award-winning lawyers at Jassim Law know the physical, emotional, and financial toll that Santee pedestrian accidents can take. We provide personalized and dedicated legal guidance so you can regain what you lost and hold the responsible party accountable for careless or negligent misconduct. With two decades of experience and a track record of success recovering millions for clients, we’re here to protect your rights and interests from initial consultation to resolution.
How Can a Santee Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Help Your Claim?
Pedestrian accidents can happen instantaneously and leave victims with life-altering and catastrophic injuries. You should not handle the aftermath alone. The trusted lawyers at Jassim Law are highly qualified at navigating the complexities of California’s legal system and know how to handle all aspects of your pedestrian accident claim, so you focus on your recovery while we focus on your legal claim.
We can can help you achieve full compensation for your harms and losses by doing the following things right away:
- Investigating every detail of your case
- Obtaining and preserving crucial physical evidence and witness statements
- Advocating for your and speaking on your behalf with all insurance carriers
- Helping you get the best possible medical care, with or without health insurance
- Organizing and cataloging your medical records, bills and other expenses
- Communicating with your medical providers to understand the full extent of all your injuries, and the future consequences of injuries
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time, including any government claims that may be available
- Advocating for your legal rights inside and outside of court
- Determining if the negligent party was on the job or working in the course of employment at the time of the accident
- Updating you regularly on the developments of your case
We know that each of our clients endures unique personal struggles after an accident, and we aim to learn about your specific needs so we can help remedy them. When you work with the skilled Santee lawyers at Jassim Law, we utilize every resource available to maximize your compensation to aid in your healing journey and hold the negligent party accountable for their wrongdoings.
How Can You Prove Liability in a Pedestrian Accident?
Establishing liability in a pedestrian accident in Santee requires a thorough investigation of the facts and evidence related to the accident. Often the pedestrian is wrongfully blamed for the accident. In our car-centric society, pedestrians are often viewed and treated as nuisances, with disregard, and an annoyance to drivers. The result is catastrophe.
Generally, the legal concept of negligence is used to determine who is responsible for the pedestrian accident. To establish negligence, the following four elements must be proven:
- Duty: The driver had a legal duty to operate their motor vehicle safely and obey traffic laws
- Breach: The driver breached their duty in a way that violated traffic laws or was otherwise careless or reckless.
- Causation: The driver’s breach of duty directly caused the accident and resulting injuries
- Damages: You sustained economic and non-economic damages as a result of the accident.
Sometimes, the cause of the accident is not entirely clear, or others may be partially at fault, including the pedestrian. This is not fatal to your case. Even if you are believed to be somewhat at fault, you deserve full justice for the shared responsibility of the other parties that caused or contributed to the collision. You need a skilled and experienced Santee personal injury lawyer to help guide you in this process.
The following types of evidence can be used to show that a negligent party breached a duty of care:
- Police reports
- Witness statements/testimony
- 911 audio dispatch and other records (generally only available with an attorney, after a lawsuit is filed)
- Police Body Worn Camera footage (generally only available with an attorney, after a lawsuit is filed)
- Medical records
- Photographic evidence
- Video footage and surveillance footage (generally only available with an attorney, after a lawsuit is filed)
- Expert testimony (generally only available with an attorney, after a lawsuit is filed)
- Cell phone records (generally only available with an attorney, after a lawsuit is filed)
- Dashcam and surveillance camera footage
- Vehicle Event Data Recorder (“black box”) data (generally only available with an attorney, after a lawsuit is filed)
Proving negligence can be challenging to handle alone. Attorneys at Jassim Law have the tools necessary to obtain key evidence that is not otherwise available to the general public, and only available after a lawsuit is filed and through a subpoena.
This critical evidence is often lost, destroyed, or hidden as time goes on. Witnesses’ memories and willingness to participate fades over time. Evidence like video footage, body worn camera footage, and vehicle Event Data (black box) evidence will not generally be turned over without a subpoena or without a lawsuit. Therefore, it is absolutely critical to your case to retain the right attorney immediately, and make sure your Santee personal injury lawyer or pedestrian accident lawyer knows how to get the evidence needed immediately.
Working with a Santee pedestrian accident attorney can guide you through the complex process and build a strong claim that satisfies the burden of proof. Not all lawyers are created equal, and while the insurance companies are protecting their money, Jassim Law is protecting you.
What Damages Are Recoverable in a Successful Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Although monetary compensation cannot “heal” your accident injuries, recovering damages can relieve financial burdens related to your recovery. Monetary recovery will give you the access to the best medical care, the time you need off work, in-home care, therapy, transportation, medications, and other things that will give you the best chance at recovery, and that may not be covered by health insurance going forward.
In other words, in the United States money is the only civil justice available. We do not have “an eye for an eye” justice. If you’ve been seriously injured, you will need the money to help fix what money can fix, and for what it cannot fix, money is the civil justice that is the fair value for what has been taken from you. You will have only one chance at civil justice, do not let insurance companies treat you cheaply, or a billboard or bus bench lawyer settle your case cheaply only to move on to the next client.
Although the amount and type of damages you may obtain depends on the unique circumstances of your claim, generally, you may obtain the following:
- Non-Economic harms (Pain and suffering)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical Impairment
- Mental suffering
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of prescription medication
- Lost wages or income (past and future)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of Consortium (damages for your injured spouse or registered domestic partner)
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
Do not jeopardize your recovery by handling your pedestrian accident claim alone. Insurance companies attempt to diminish or deny your legal right to compensation to protect their money. Despite their cute TV commercials and slogans, insurance companies and professional claims adjusters are dedicated to protecting their financial interests, and paying as little as possible for your injuries.
At Jassim Law, we are dedicated to protecting YOU. We are prepared to fight your case all the way through trial, if a favorable settlement is not possible. This means we are able to get you full compensation for all the harms and losses you’ve suffered.
Speak With the Santee Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Jassim Law
At Jassim Law, we aim to hold negligent parties accountable to make all communities a safer place to be. Pedestrians, like everyone else, have an absolute right to use our streets and roadways and expect to be safe when doing so.
If you suffered serious injury due to a negligent motorist, do not delay and contact us today. Delay is a friend of the defense, and it only damages your case. Our principal attorney, Pajman Jassim, has been recognized by Super Lawyers and San Diego Metro Magazine for success in the courtroom and his commitment to public safety.
We help you move forward after a pedestrian accident by handling all aspects of your claim and holding negligent parties accountable for misconduct. To schedule a no-cost consultation with a Santee pedestrian accident attorney, call today at (619) 554-0624 or complete our contact form.