El Cajon Personal Injury
As we go about our normal day, commuting to work, running errands, or enjoying time with friends and family, we’re often unaware of our proximity to serious dangers. Every day there’s a distracted or unsafe driver that causes a serious traffic collision that injures someone and changes their life. When someone else’s negligence and unsafe behavior causes another to suffer injuries, the injured person’s only remedy is to pursue a legal claim to recover for their harm.
The physical, emotional, and financial damages you and your loved ones suffer as a result of someone else’s negligence or unsafe conduct places a heavy burden on you and your family. Because your only recourse is financial compensation through our civil justice system, you will need a highly skilled and aggressive El Cajon personal injury lawyer that is solely dedicated to your interests. Practicing for 20 years, Pajman Jassim and Jassim Law has a proven track record of success for our clients. Our attorneys are prompt, responsive, and know exactly what needs to be done very early in a case to protect and advocate for our clients’ interests. This includes assisting our clients in receiving the best medical care, understanding your injuries and the medicine, and ultimately obtaining full and fair financial justice for our clients. If you or someone you know has been injured in El Cajon, California, contact our personal injury attorneys now.
Who’s Liable for My Injuries After an El Cajon Personal Injury Accident?
The aftermath of an accident requires a thorough understanding of California’s laws and the legal process. It also requires an understanding of how insurance companies, corporations, and government entities evaluate and work to avoid accountability and protect their financial interests. To pursue a personal injury claim, you must determine who is responsible for your injuries. Sometimes who is at fault is obvious, sometimes it is a matter of shared responsibility, or responsibility of a 3rd party. Any person or entity who acts negligently or violates safety rules and causes injury may be responsible for your losses. This includes the following:
- Property and vehicle owners
- Drivers and vehicle operators
- Government entities and agencies
- Manufacturers, and retailers
One example of a common personal injury accident is a vehicle or truck collision, where the at fault driver was employed by a company. Or, when a dangerous condition causes someone to trip, slip, or fall resulting in an injury. A property owner, property manager, tenant, or landlord, may all be responsible and held liable.
3 Steps to Take After a Personal Injury in El Cajon
Being involved in a personal injury matter may feel overwhelming and complicated. Upon hiring an attorney, they should handle nearly all aspects of your case so you can focus on your recovery. Although there are many layers to the process, there are a few immediate crucial steps to take when dealing with the aftermath of an accident or injury:
Contact Emergency Medical Care and Law Enforcement
If you require immediate immediate medical attention, call 911 for emergency help. Often, injured people don’t realize they need medical assistance and try to “tough it out.” Some people are concerned about the costs of an ambulance. Your only concern should be getting medical care, and documenting your symptoms and injuries immediately after the incident. Contact emergency medical assistance as soon as it is safe to do so. Contact law enforcement to take a report, investigate, identify witnesses, and document the information of all those involved.
Gather Evidence and Document the Accident
Taking pictures of the accident scene, taking the names and contact information of witnesses if you are able, collecting medical bills, and documenting your injury are all vital pieces of information that can be used as evidence in your claim. If you are unable to gather this evidence, see if someone close to you is able to assist. Photos, videos, and witnesses help substantiate and prove your case.
Contact an El Cajon Personal Injury Lawyer
As soon as you are able you should contact an attorney. Do not give recorded statements to insurance companies. Your legal rights are at risk, and trained professional insurance adjusters will work towards protecting the insurance company’s interests. For example, they will ask for recorded statements which you are not required, and should not provide without consulting an attorney. Without someone with experience and knowledge of California’s legal system, your rights and access to full recovery are at risk. An experienced personal injury lawyer will advocate for your interests and handle all aspects of your case, so that you can focus on recovering.
What to Look for in an El Cajon Personal Injury Lawyer
Finding a personal injury lawyer is like putting on a glass slipper. Not every law firm will offer you the same services or provide you with the legal representation you need. When facing a challenging legal situation, you’ll want to have a team you can rely on and trust. Below are a few factors to look out for when choosing an El Cajon personal injury lawyer to partner with:
- Experience and Skill: If your lawyer doesn’t have experience litigating and trying cases, they may not have the resources, skills and knowledge to get you full justice. Your lawyer should understand at least the basic medicine and causes of your injury, because your lawyer will be required to prove your injuries in a court of law. Your lawyer must have the skills and experience to advocate your interests against professional career insurance adjusters and corporate risk management professionals.
- Track Record: Does your lawyer have a track record of successful results in similar cases? Does your lawyer know what it takes to obtain 7 and 8 figure settlements in a catastrophic injury case? Not all injury cases are the same, even if they mostly involve vehicle collisions. Your lawyer should understand how a truck collision is different from a motorcycle collision, or a pedestrian collision. Your lawyer should have the resources, skill, and experience to prove every aspect of your case instead of hoping for a quick settlement so they can move onto the next client.
- Is Your Lawyer More Interested in Marketing TV ads and Billboards, or Advocating for You in the Courtroom? There are countless personal injury attorneys with catchy slogans and personas, we see their ads on TV and billboards. Be sure your lawyer’s business model is not based on getting as many clients as they can, only to settle cases cheaply and profit. Our firm is dedicated to our clients and we know each case is the most important “case” for our clients. We NEVER put our profits before clients.
- Past client references and reviews: Any respectable and knowledgeable lawyer will have references to provide future clients. A lawyer with no references may be either inexperienced, or not well regarded by previous clients, colleagues, and their opponents.
- Responsiveness: You need, and are entitled to, an attorney that communicates throughout the process, and is available to speak with you promptly. Being injured, and thrust into the world of healthcare, medical and auto insurance, and the court/legal system is complicated and there will be many questions. You should never be left in the dark, and your attorney should be available and explaining the process step by step.
- Your Attorney Should Advance Costs and Have the Resources to Finance Your Case: Not all El Cajon personal injury attorneys have the same systems and resources in place. In a personal injury action, the standard practice and custom is for your attorney to advance the litigation and trial costs. That means your lawyer should have the resources to go toe to toe with multi-billion dollar insurance companies when fighting your case. If your lawyer cannot or will not put up the resources, you could be at a disadvantage.
When you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligence, know that the insurance companies are working swiftly and without delay to minimize their exposure and protect their money. Who is protecting YOU? The sooner you speak with an El Cajon personal injury lawyer about your case, the quicker we can get started in protecting your interests and helping you navigate the civil justice legal process. Contact Jassim Law as soon as possible to begin your personal injury claim.
Speak With an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in El Cajon, CA at Jassim Law
Attorney Jassim has 20 years of experience and knowledge guiding clients through the legal complexities of a personal injury claim. His dedication to fighting for his clients and providing honest advice allows clients to feel connected and protected by his representation. Selected as a SuperLawyer from 2015-2023, and one of San Diego’s Best Attorneys 2015 by San Diego Metro magazine, Attorney Jassim’s award-winning legal services continue to receive recognition.
Schedule a free consultation with Attorney Jassim by calling (619) 630-2680 or completing our contact form today.
If you or someone you know is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, intentional conduct, carelessness or mistake, your remedy lies in our civil justice system. In our civil justice system, the remedy available is financial compensation. Injury cases can vary greatly. Here are some examples of personal injury matters:
Many injured workers never get the compensation, medical care, and rehabilitation services they need. We represent workers in all industries and have the resources, knowledge, and experience to fight any company, large or small.
Our laws allow for certain rights for every citizen regardless of the person’s race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or appearance. At Jassim Law, we focus on cases involving equality, social freedom, and discrimination.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile and Motorcycle Collisions
- UBER, LYFT, and Rideshare Injuries
- Trucking and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Common Carrier, Airline, Train and other Mass Transit/Common Carrier Accidents
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
- Boating, Maritime, Water Sports, and Other Vehicle Accidents
- Catastrophic and Serious Injuries
- Construction Accidents and Injuries
- Worker’s Compensation Injuries
- Products Liability
- Brain Injury/Concussion Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Orthopedic Injury
- Amputation Injury
- Government Entity Liability and Claims
- Premises Liability
- Slip/Trip & Fall Injuries
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Excessive Force, Wrongful Arrest/False Imprisonment
Personal InjuryIf you or someone you know is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, intentional conduct, carelessness or mistake, your remedy lies in our civil justice system. In our civil justice system, the remedy available is financial compensation. Injury cases can vary greatly. Here are some examples of personal injury matters:
Employment LawThe relationship between an employee and an employer can be unequal. Most employees depend on their jobs to pay their life expenses and support themselves and loved ones. California law, as well as the law in United States,
Workers CompensationMany injured workers never get the compensation, medical care, and rehabilitation services they need. We represent workers in all industries and have the resources, knowledge, and experience to fight any company, large or small.