Auto Accident Attorney in La Mesa
Like every other Californian, people in La Mesa use their vehicles daily to drive to work, run errands, and attend social events. Unfortunately, a car accident can occur suddenly and may cause victims to suffer life-altering consequences. Injuries sustained in car accidents are often serious, and victims may require extended hospital stays, time away from work, and help from a mental health professional as they recover from their injuries. If you were injured in a car accident, you should not have to foot the bill for your accident-related expenses.
At Jassim Law, our skilled La Mesa car accident lawyers understand how challenging the aftermath of a car accident can be and are committed to helping you get back on your feet after your collision. Our trustworthy car accident attorneys have over 20 years of experience helping victims like you recover the maximum compensation possible for the damages they have endured. Our award-winning principal attorney, Pajman Jassim, is dedicated to protecting public safety and helping victims pursue justice for their injuries. He empathizes with the hardships of car accident victims and aims to make communities safer.
How to Protect Yourself After a La Mesa Car Accident
Following your accident, it is vital to take steps to protect yourself and the total value of your claim. If you have been injured in a car accident in La Mesa or the neighboring areas, consider taking the following precautions:
- Hire an experienced attorney: As soon as you are able, you or a loved one should contact an attorney to protect your rights. The legal process of an accident starts right away, and the insurance companies are immediately working to protect their financial interests, so you need someone to protect you! A highly qualified and experienced attorney will be familiar with the unique complexities of California’s car accident laws and apply their wealth of experience and skills to your case
- Avoid admitting fault for the collision: Many individuals reflexively apologize after an accident, despite not being at fault. Even saying “I’m sorry” out of politeness may be seen as an admission of fault and could impact the success of your claim.
- Do NOT speak to insurance companies or insurance adjusters and DO NOT give Recorded Statements: Their job is to protect their money, even your own insurance company is more interested in protecting their financial interests than helping you. Although many accident victims assume their insurance adjuster has their best interests in mind, it is their job to look out for the company’s bottom line. Retain a La Mesa car accident lawyer before speaking to your adjuster to protect your interests.
- Collect photographic evidence: If you are medically able, taking photographs of your injuries, the vehicles involved, and the accident scene can help support your claim for compensation.
- Organize your accident-related expenses: Be sure to track your medical bills and other expenses and keep them in a secure location. Your attorney will use these documents to establish the full extent of your damages.
- Avoid posting on social media: Insurance companies and their robust legal teams tend to follow victims’ social media accounts closely after an accident. They may even try to use your posts against you to assert that you were at fault for your accident and subsequent injuries. Do not post about your accident or injuries on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok, Youtube, etc.
The exceptional attorneys at Jassim Law are committed to ensuring our clients are fully compensated and taken care of in every way. When you retain the services of one of our talented attorneys, they will work with you to understand every detail of your case and help you determine your best path forward to recover the compensation you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims in California?
All states abide by a legal time limit for filing personal injury claims known as the statute of limitations. In California, the statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit is typically two years from the date of the accident. If you fail to meet this critical deadline, you will forfeit your opportunity to recover damages for your injuries and other losses.
While two years may seem like more than enough time to pursue justice, you should contact an attorney as soon as you are well enough to pick up the phone. Critical evidence may be lost or destroyed over time, and key witnesses may forget important details about what they saw. When you partner with a skilled attorney from Jassim Law, we start working immediately to investigate your case and comply with all filing deadlines.
If you were injured because of the negligence of a government employee, for example, a city vehicle, you have much less time to file a claim, usually 6 months! That means you need to act fast and contact a La Mesa car accident attorney immediately. Waiting will not help your case, in fact, it will likely hurt your case, and jeopardize your legal rights. Do not go it alone, and do not hire an inexperienced lawyer.
Possible Damages Available Through a La Mesa Car Accident Claim
Car accidents often take an intense physical, emotional, and financial toll on victims and their families. If you have been injured in a car accident in La Mesa, you likely have legal grounds to file a personal injury claim for your losses. A few types of damages you may be eligible to collect include the following:
- Non-Economic Harms (Pain and Suffering)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical Impairment
- Mental suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Economic Harms
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of prescription medication
- Costs of medical equipment, devices, home health care/nursing
- Lost wages or income (past and for the future)
- Lost earning capacity
- Damages for the injury to a spouse or registered domestic partner (Loss of Consortium)
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
If you need help getting medical care or dealing with health insurance and medical providers, the attorneys at Jassim Law are proud to help our clients get access to the best medical care, regardless of their insurance coverage. We will connect you with the resources you need to heal and recover from your injuries.
Speak to a First-Class Car Accident Attorney at Jassim Law
Following your accident, do not hesitate to retain the services of a highly-qualified La Mesa car accident lawyer. The talented attorneys at Jassim Law have over two decades of combined experience helping car accident victims near La Mesa secure 7- and 8-figure settlements for their injuries and other losses.
Our founder, Pajman Jassim, began practicing law in 2003 and has an established reputation for helping his clients recover from their injuries while protecting public safety interests. He gives his clients 100% personalized attention and tailors his approach to every case. To schedule a free consultation and learn more about how our La Mesa car accident attorneys can help you call us today at (619) 554-0624 or complete our contact form.