Whether it is a text message, phone call, the latest infotainment system, or a bad song on the radio, nothing should be more important than your safety on the road.
However, many drivers make poor choices to engage in visual, cognitive, or manual distractions behind the wheel. We say “choices” because it is always a choice to take your eyes and attention off the road!
A single choice can completely change lives, causing injuries and losses due to negligence. Fortunately, if you are the victim of negligent choices, the San Diego distracted driving accident attorneys at Jassim Law are here to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
At Jassim Law, we know that behind every case is a victim who deserves justice. We know that practically every “accident” is preventable. We have over 20 years of experience helping countless distracted driving victims hold liable parties accountable and striving to keep our communities safer. With our attorneys by your side, you can rest assured we will connect you to the care you need, handle all aspects of your claim, and fight for you every step of the way.
How the San Diego Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys at Jassim Law Can Help Your Claim
At Jassim Law, we leave no stone unturned in seeking justice for distracted driving accident victims. We understand the emotional, physical, and financial toll this type of incident can have on you and your family. As such, from initial consultation to resolution, we stand by your side. Armed with two decades of experience and the financial resources, we will initiate a meticulous investigation to obtain evidence of negligence to build a strong claim, leaving no doubt about the impact of the accident on your life.
With a decisive mission to hold responsible parties accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve, our legal team will help you with the following aspects of your claim:
- Thoroughly investigate every detail of your case immediately.
- Collecting and preserving vital evidence and witness statements.
- Working with field experts to obtain compelling testimony on the facts of your case.
- Reconstructing how the accidents occurred to prove negligence.
- Obtaining evidence, surveillance footage, images, and eyewitness statements.
- Obtaining and organizing medical records.
- Determining one or many parties that contributed to the accident.
- Connect you with the best medical care.
- Advocating for your legal rights and interests inside and outside of court.
- Supporting you through every step of the legal process.
- Helping with vehicle repair or replacement without delay.
- Determining if the negligent party was on the job at the time of the accident.
- Negotiating with all relevant parties on your behalf.
- Answering legal questions.
- Keeping you updated on the status of your case.
When healing from a distracted driving accident, dealing with the legal process should be the last thing on your plate. The dedicated legal team at Jassim Law provides you with the guidance and support you need during this challenging time.
Proving Negligence in a Distracted Driving Accident Claim
California has several distracted driving laws to encourage attentive and responsible driving behaviors, including the following:
- A handheld cellphone ban for all motorists.
- A handheld and hands-free cellphone ban for bus drivers.
- A handheld and hands-free cellphone ban for motorists under 18.
- A texting and driving ban for all motorists.
The San Diego distracted driving accident lawyers at Jassim Law will investigate your distracted driving accident to uncover evidence of negligence, which may include the following:
- A police report which may indicate whether the liable driver was distracted or distraction was suspected.
- A texting while driving or other citation was issued by law enforcement.
- A copy of cell phone records to prove the liable driver was using their cell phone prior to the accident.
- Surveillance, traffic, or dash cam footage that may show the liable driver was distracted at the time of the accident.
- Eyewitness statements that may have observed distracted driving behavior.
- Expert eyewitness testimony who can identify probable causes of the accident.
- Event Data (black box) recorders
If the liable driver failed to uphold a reasonable duty of care, your San Diego distracted driving accident lawyer will fight for the full extent of the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Recoverable Compensation in a Distracted Driving Accident Claim
The legal team at Jassim Law provides the personal attention your distracted driving claim deserves. We know the lasting financial burdens an accident can have on a victim. Expenses add up quickly, which is why we take into consideration your immediate and long-term needs.
We help you recover economic and non-economic damages, including but not limited to the following:
- Non-Economic harms (Pain and suffering)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical Impairment
- Mental suffering
- Pain Anxiety/Grief
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of prescription medication
- Lost wages or income (past and for the future)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of Consortium
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
Our compassionate legal team is dedicated to helping our clients receive the best medical care regardless of health insurance. We understand you are injured, so we come to you. We also offer video, Zoom, or telephone consultations.
Speak With the Experienced Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers at Jassim Law
If you were injured in a distracted driving accident, the lawyers at Jassim Law are here for you. Not only do we fight to recover necessary compensation for victims, but we also strive to make our communities safer places to live.
Principal attorney Pajman Jassim received numerous accolades, including San Diego Metro Magazine’s Best Attorneys in 2015. Additionally, he was rated “10.0” on Avvo.com and highlighted as a “Top Employment Attorney” and “Top Contributor in Personal Injury.” You can read his reviews at Avvo.com.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced San Diego distracted driving accident lawyers, call our office at (619) 554-0624 or complete a contact form today.