San Diego has many beautiful and scenic vistas for residents to explore. While anyone should be able to walk safely on a sidewalk or through a crosswalk, the state is no stranger to life-altering pedestrian accidents. If you have suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, it is vital to understand your options for recourse. Extended hospital stays, rehabilitation costs, and the emotional trauma due to the accident often place significant financial and mental stress on victims and their families. When a driver collides with a pedestrian, causing serious injuries and long-term consequences, they should be held fully accountable for their negligent behavior.
After suffering injuries in a pedestrian accident, your only recourse is monetary compensation through our civil legal system. Jassim Law is dedicated to protecting the interests of pedestrian accident victims in San Diego. Attorney Pajman Jassim has over 20 years of experience helping pedestrian accident victims successfully navigate California’s complex legal system to recover the compensation they need to move forward from their injuries and other losses. We pride ourselves on using our extensive experience and legal knowledge to provide our clients with top-notch legal representation while fighting for justice on their behalf.
Who May Be At Fault for a Pedestrian Accident in San Diego?
Pedestrian accidents often occur without warning, making it challenging to identify the at fault party. If you can, taking photos of the accident scene and speaking to witnesses can provide critical evidence to help your San Diego pedestrian accident lawyer establish fault. Depending on the details surrounding your accident, one or more of the following parties may be at fault:
- A motorist: Drivers may be at fault for your injuries if they violated traffic laws, drove recklessly, or engaged in other unsafe behaviors that contributed to your accident and subsequent injuries.
- A bicyclist: Like motorists, bicyclists are bound by California’s traffic laws. If a cyclist disregards these rules and regulations and collides with you, they may be at fault for your injuries and other losses.
- A manufacturer: Motor vehicles are complex machines that may have defective parts. If a malfunctioning part caused a driver to hit you, the manufacturer may be at fault for your accident.
- A government agency: If your accident occurred on public property, the agency had a duty to maintain it may be at fault for your injuries. Government agencies must safely maintain their roads and sidewalks, including safety signs and traffic signals.
It is essential to note that pedestrians do not always have the right of way in California. If a pedestrian was jaywalking, intoxicated, or walking on the side of a highway, they may be at fault for the accident. At Jassim Law, we will analyze every detail of your case to determine the cause of your accident and your legal options for compensation.
How Will a Dedicated Pedestrian Accident Attorney Help Me?
Pedestrian accident claims can be incredibly dense and complex legal matters. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in San Diego, you do not have to fight for compensation alone. A skilled San Diego pedestrian accident lawyer from Jassim Law will guide you through every step of California’s legal process to help you achieve the justice you deserve. Some of the many ways we will help include the following:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your case
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Collecting evidence to support your claim
- Organizing your accident-related expenses and calculating the total value of your losses
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Negotiating with all parties on your behalf
- Determining if the at fault driver was employed and on the job at the time of accident
- Determining if additional factors contributed to the collision, for example a poorly designed or dangerous road condition
- Determining if the at-fault driver was working for Uber, Lyft, Amazon, Doordash, GrubHub, Instacart, or another app based delivery/transportation company
- Answering your legal questions
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
- Aggressively advocating for your interests inside and outside of court
Our attorney, Pajman Jassim, takes a personalized approach to every case to ensure his services are tailored to your unique concerns. When we take your case, you can count on your San Diego pedestrian accident attorney to listen to your needs as they fight aggressively for your interests and the total value of your claim.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accidents in California?
If you intend to pursue a pedestrian accident claim, you must comply with a legal time limit known as the statute of limitations. In California, pedestrian accident victims have two years from the date of their accident to file a claim for compensation for their injuries and other losses. Victims who fail to adhere to this time limit may lose their opportunity to pursue justice.
While two years may seem like plenty of time to file a lawsuit, it is in your best interests to act sooner rather than later. Vital evidence may be lost or destroyed as time passes, and key witnesses may move away or forget critical details to support your claim. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced San Diego pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible. At Jassim Law, we will review your case and begin working promptly to collect and preserve essential evidence.
Discuss Your Case With a Trusted San Diego Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Jassim Law
Suffering serious injuries in a pedestrian accident can flip your life upside down in seconds. If you have been injured as a pedestrian due to someone else’s negligence, you should not be forced to pay for your own healing and recovery. We at Jassim Law have a wealth of experience helping pedestrian accident victims hold negligent parties fully accountable for the suffering they have caused. Our dedicated San Diego pedestrian accident attorney, Pajman Jassim, will personally handle every detail of your case as he fights for the compensation you deserve.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Attorney Jassim, call us at (619) 554-0624 or complete our contact form today.