San Diego Wrongful Death Lawyer
Although accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, the effects can last a lifetime. Unfortunately, many sudden accidents are fatal for victims. If you lost someone you love due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim to compensate for your immeasurable loss. While monetary compensation cannot undo your loved one’s accident, it can help ease the financial burdens associated with their passing.
Filing a wrongful death can be challenging and overwhelming for those contending with the loss of someone they love. If you are considering pursuing justice through a wrongful death claim, having a compassionate and skilled San Diego wrongful death attorney on your side is essential. At Jassim Law, we understand the toll a wrongful death takes on surviving family members. We are committed to making California’s complex claims process as stress-free as possible so you can grieve your loss and focus on your family. Attorney Pajman Jassim, will advocate aggressively on your behalf to help you pursue compensation for the full extent of your losses.
Proving Fault in a Wrongful Death Claim
Your claim must meet specific requirements to successfully pursue compensation for your loved one’s untimely passing in California. At Jassim Law, we will investigate your case and help you build a claim that establishes the following essential elements:
- The defendant owed your loved one a duty of care: Individuals in California have a legal duty to act reasonably and responsibly to prevent harm to themselves and others. For example, drivers must follow traffic laws and stay focused on the road to avoid deadly collisions.
- The defendant breached the duty of care: If someone acts negligently, they may breach their duty of care to those around them. Disregarding traffic laws, medical malpractice, and failing to keep a property safe from hazards all violate the duty of care.
- Causation: The final element of a wrongful death claim is proving the defendant’s breach of duty caused your loved one’s accident and, ultimately, their death.
When you retain our services, San Diego wrongful death lawyer Pajman Jassim will work tirelessly to secure evidence and witness testimonies to establish the negligent party’s fault as well as the losses you have suffered.
Possible Damages Available Through a San Diego Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful and sudden death can place a substantial emotional and financial strain on the victim’s surviving family members. After their loved one’s passing, families often must contend with final expenses and other unforeseen costs as they navigate their immense grief. If another person’s negligent actions caused your loved one’s wrongful death, you deserve compensation for the total breadth of your pain, suffering, and other losses. A few types of damages we may be able to help you recover include the following:
- Non-Economic harms (Pain and suffering)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical Impairment
- Mental suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Damages for the injury to a spouse or registered domestic partner (Loss of Consortium)
- Economic harms
- Medical expenses (past and for the future)
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of prescription medication
- Lost wages or income (past and for the future)
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
Measuring the suffering of the surviving family members is complex, and there are many facts to consider when deciding whether to file a wrongful death claim. It takes an attorney’s specialized knowledge, courage, skill, and determination to successfully recover the maximum amount of compensation available on behalf of a surviving family member. Our San Diego wrongful death attorney, Pajman Jassim, has a proven track record of working with his clients to meet their unique needs, just read our reviews from our recent clients.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in California?
If you are considering pursuing damages for the loss of your loved one, it is vital to note that only certain individuals are able to file a wrongful death claim in California. Typically, this recourse is reserved for the surviving family members most impacted by the decedent’s passing. Some individuals who may file a wrongful death claim include the following:
- The decedent’s surviving spouse
- The decedent’s surviving children
- Dependant minors living in the decedent’s household
- The decedent’s parents
- The decedent’s other heirs or next of kin
- The appointed representative of the decedent’s estate
Members of the victim’s immediate family often bear the brunt of the emotional and financial stress caused by their death. By filing a wrongful death claim, you may be eligible to collect damages to help relieve these burdens and hold the responsible party fully accountable for their negligence.
Speak to an Award-Winning Wrongful Death Attorney at Jassim Law
At Jassim Law, we are dedicated to providing our clients with compassionate representation and the best legal services available. We understand the pain of losing a beloved family member due to negligence and will fight fiercely for justice in your stead. Our San Diego wrongful death lawyer, Pajman Jassim, has over 20 years of experience helping clients like you recover the maximum compensation available for their losses and has been recognized by outlets such as Super Lawyers for his continued excellence. He will personally handle every aspect of your case and work to achieve a favorable result on your behalf. We have a proven track record of successfully securing 7-8 figure settlements for our clients from some of the largest defendants and government entities.
To learn more and schedule a free consultation with a San Diego wrongful death lawyer, call us at (619) 554-0624 or complete our contact form today.